ANALYSIS OF EYELASHES
– Eyelashes Extension
– Types of Eyelashes Extension
– What is Cynaocrylate
– Professionals in Eyelashes Artistry
– Importance of Eyelashes Extension
– Disadvantages of Eyelashes.
- THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT EYELASH EXTENSION
It’s a common thing these days for people to jump into the act of what they have little or no idea about, all in the name of my friends “do the same thing” which is very wrong and dangerous. It’s more or less a blind leap.
In this article, we will be unavailing some tips you need to be aware of about EYELASH EXTENSION. In both of less concern and high concern.
Let us take a brief look at what we’re talking about its foundation. I’m sure it would be helpful if we do.
The question is, WHAT’S EYELASH? For those who have no knowledge about some part of human face. Eyelash is one of the hairs that grow at the edge of the EYELID. It helps protect the eye from debris and perform some functions as whiskers do on a cat or a mouse. It also warns against incoming danger to the EYE.
Do you also know that the eyelashes that are connected to the upper eyelid are longer and can reach an average of 8mm in length which is longer than those at the lower eyelid. An average of about 110 hairs are on the upper eyelash and an average of 70 on the lower lash. Isn’t that fantastic?
One eyelash is always about one third (1/3) as long as the eye is wide. Woooow! Also fake eyelashes were first invented by an American film director in 1916 for a fluttering flash effect of silent film actress. I bet we’re history students now.
Anyway, there we have short information about eyelash.
Now let’s take a treat on EXTENSION on the other hand to help enhance our knowledge.
It’s important to know that extension gives the appearance of having mascara on without any funny look, and by funny, I mean an awkward look. Trust me, you don’t want to have that goblin-like look. Got it? Good! It’s also used to enhance the LENGTH, CURLINESS, FULLNESS and THICKNESS of natural eyelashes. The extension is made from several materials, examples are; mink, synthetic or horse hair (in other word silk).
The main process of applying extension is by making use of ADHESIVES GLUE to stick each to the natural eyelashes one-by-one. This serves as a measure of preventing the lashes from sticking together. A single lash is applied generally to each natural lash and when applied properly, neither the eyelash extension nor the glue should touch the eyelid.
Now, it’s time for us to know the types of eyelash extensions we have, which are: temporary eyelash and semi-permanent eyelash extensions.
- Temporary eyelashes are applied with a temporary lash glue and it’s not designed to be on during sleep or when swimming.
- Semi-permanent lashes are also known as individual or flared eyelash extensions are applied with an adhesive which is usually “CYNAOCRYLATE”.
CYNAOCRYLATE is designed for bonding different surfaces. Types of cyanoacrylate include; Ethyl, Methyl, Butyl, and Octyl.
It’s to be used around the eyes and on the natural eyelashes but not on the skin, which can cause skin irritation. This was designed to last until the lash falls out without external force, which most times last for 3-4 weeks. After these weeks, new lash will be needed to be bonded.
Hence, eyelash extension becomes a regular monthly service if one wishes to maintain the full look. Maintaining a full set of eyelashes demands 2-3 weeks to refill because we lose one natural lash every day.
Also professionals trained in lash artistry are called different names such as; LASH TECHNICIAN, LASH ARTIST, or LASH STYLIST.
As fashionable as eyelash extension can be and also makes one looks more beautiful and younger, it’s necessary to know the importance and the bad side of using eyelash extension. These include;
- Apart from making one looks more beautiful and younger, it also helps in protecting the eye from dirt.
- The curved shapes of both rows of eyelids help to ship sweat out of the eyes.
- Eyelashes also help filter sun rays that shine into the eyes.
- It serves as warning to the approach of foreign object in to the eyes as they are hyper-sensitive.
Here are few out of many advantages of eyelash extension. It should be understood that nothing with advantages exist without its other side.
Here are some ills of eyelash extension:
- Its cost demanding as most time the eyelash extensions are very costly.
- Skin discomfort due to reaction to some certain chemicals.
- Time consumption. Fixing eyelash extension can last up to 2-3 hours and this time women don’t really have.
- If not applied appropriately, it may cause loss of one’s natural lashes or damage it.
With no doubt, much or little of the pros and cons of eyelash extension as being revealed to us which is for the best. Hopefully this will help us in handling and caring for both our natural and eyelash extension.
Brought to you by: http://www.eyelashogden.com/